The leaves are starting to change and the air is getting cooler. Thoughts of bon fires and hot tea come to mind as we enter this fall season. This is also the season of fall family portraits. One of the first questions I am asked is, “What should we wear?” I am so glad you asked! Let’s start with what NOT to wear:
1. Matching outfits (i.e. everyone in khaki pants and white shirts or all in red shirts). This 90′s trend is gone. It’s boring.
2. Tennis Shoes–there is nothing like old tennis shoes on kids or adults that can ruin the entire look of a family portrait.
3. Shirts with logos, characters, or distracting pictures on them–it’s a bad idea!
What should you wear for your Fall family photos to make everyone look their best and still keep a timeless look?
1. Choose a color scheme–neutrals work best.
2. Choose a pop of color with accessories.
3. Combine colors and patterns for interest.
4. Layers–always a great look.
5. Most importantly, wear something that is flattering.
Want a visual? Be sure to check out Orange County Photographer, Allison Jacob. Her Blog shows some amazing outfits: http://www.allisonjacobsphotography.com/category/what-to-wear/
If you have not booked your fall family portraits yet be sure to contact me soon!